Saturday, May 3, 2008

Possible Working Thesis

Well I narrowed my topics to Southern Sudan instead of the whole country. However I think that the research I found is about the whole country. The country is only divided when they talk about the civil war that is going on. Furthermore, my research will cover the people of the south specifically the people of Jaba, and the dates are recent.
There is this particular website that gives all the information relating the issue of the civil war going on in the country and the environment. This document basically talks about how Sudanese are more affected by the enviroment then by the war. The Link below has both pictures and lots of information concerning the issue. However I'm also planing to look for books to at concerning the issue.
http://postconflict.unep.ch/publications/sudan/04_conflict.pdf

I also found another website that that says Sudan: Passion of the future, which I beleive is very helpful because on the website they talk about the UN resolution in Darfur.
My working thesis might be comparing the effect of the civil war and the effect of the environment in Jaba.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

“My working thesis might be comparing the effect of the civil war and the effect of the environment in Jaba” —I suggest that you try to do something different from what someone already has done (i.e. the article “Conflict and the Environment”). Why don’t you take a look at the format that I suggest for the paper on racism and the environment in BB6 under “Assignments”? It might give you an idea of how to write an original paper on the people of Jaba and the environment.

Also, consider WHO you are writing this for. Where would you like your paper to be published? Who would read it?