Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Environment


10-15 things I did today are:
Wake Up
Brush me teeth
Open the water and let it run for a couple minutes then took a shower
Dress
Drink a cup of tea
Watch weather
Walk to the subway, take the train
Went to the store
Meet up with a friend
Then arrives in school, went to the library to print schedule
Went to the first class (LIB200)


Two things from my brainstorming list that affected the environment is: the fact that I opened that I opened the water and let it run for a couple minute for it to get warm, affect the environment because the water was wasting on it own for a awhile. Another thing that I did that might affect the environment will be that when I went to the store, I bought a note book that doesn’t say recycle.
I haven’t really done much to help the environment. However I feel that I do contribute to not pollute the environment, and I do so by not throwing the garbage nowhere else but in the trash. I also try to help the environment in the social context, when it reaches to racial issues, I can’t make people what they do not want to see however, I try to myself to be more open minded about the reason why people do what they do ( keeping in mind that the environment do affect the way we live).
My concerns about the environment is global warming, because of the weather unexpectedly is not so secure. Having a 60degrees in December (winter) is not so fun or having a 17degrees cold in March id also not fun. Another thing that I’m concern about is deforestation, we need rain, but we will not have it if we do not have anymore trees. Air pollution is another that I’m very concern about, because in New York City people live too close to each that it would not be safe is one person is sick. The worst of it all is that I have all these concern and is pretty sure that many also have them but yet not doing anything or not much to prevent or reduce it.

No comments: